Heating Repair Service in Addison, Illinois
Unfortunately one of the more dangerous situations you have to worry about when you own a gas furnace is when that gas furnace decides not to work anymore. It is unknown if there is a leak, or if it is just not working. Compounded on this worry is what will happen to the piped in your home as well if temperatures inside the house get too cold. We all know living and working in Addison, Illinois that the winters can be brutal. We all learned what a “Polar Vortex” was just this past January. Indoor Comfort Heating and Cooling has been providing the best heating repair services in Addison, Illinois area For over 20 years! Indoor Comfort employs the most knowledgeable technicians who continuously train in the best methods of repairing, installing, and servicing furnaces, boilers and more! When your heat goes out in the winter you need to rely on prompt and knowledgeable company that not only will repair your unit fast but will let you know if something more dangerous can be going on. If you call Indoor Comfort you are calling a service that is known for:
- Over 15 Years Experience Working On All Makes And Models
- A 5 Star Rated Business on Facebook
- An A+ Rated Business With the BBB
- On-Time Service And Quick Repairs
- A Business With 4.5 Stars on Google
We are standing by waiting and will always make sure a tech gets out to you as soon as possible and ensure that your home is safe. We will then diagnose the problem and work with you to give you the best solutions to whatever is happening. If you live Addisonand your furnace has gone out call today
If You Prefer To Contact Us by Email, Please fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you as soon as possible!
When Your Furnace Breaks Down In Addison
Again, with furnaces it is trickier especially a gas furnace. You need to make sure that your furnace is shut down and no leaking any gas. After you determine that, make sure to retain as much heat as possible to save your pipes from freezing and bursting open. This is why Indoor Comfort has a 24 Hour Emergency Service. If your furnace breaks down in Addison, we recommend you take these steps:
Check for a gas leak – If there is a gas leak, get out of your house and call for help immediately.
Check the circuit breaker – Make sure the circuit breaker did not trip.
Check your thermostat – A malfunction with your thermostat could affect your furnace.
Call your local Addison heating repair service – You have done as much as you can, let us diagnose the problem and fix it as fast as possible.
If you are sitting inside during the dead of Winter in Addison, (and let’s face it – who wouldn’t be) and you hear or experience any of these problems then this could be a warning sign that your heater is actually breaking. Look out for these:
Unusual sounds – Loud and unusual sounds mean your system is not working properly.
Blowing cold air – This could be an issue with a number of things. However, before you call, you can check to see if your thermostat to make sure everything is alright. If nothing looks off then contact your local Addison heating repair company to take a look.
A lot of dust on your heater – We cannot stress enough how important it is to change your filter in your furnace. If there is a lot of dust on or around the unit you have not done this. Indoor Comfort prides itself on being different than the other heating repair services in Addison. We want to make sure that our customers are taken care of. We will tell that the number one reason we get repair calls is because homeowners never changed their filters. Save yourself time and money – Change the filter on a regular basis.
Increased heating bills – Increased heating bills suggest that your unit is working harder than it should to heat your home. Heating systems like Air Conditioners are a zero sum system. When it is used more and runs more, it is more expensive. If you notice a rise in your heating it means your system is not performing well and something is off because it is running more.
Making Your Furnace Last Longer
- Keep your curtains open when its sunny out- The sun is a great way to help heat your home. Keep your curtains and blinds open during the day while the sun is out.
- Clean your furnace– Get regular maintenance checks. Maintenance checks will clean your furnace and replace the filter. If you have pets, maintenance checks are more important because pet hair can clog the blower. CHANGE THE FILTER
- Maintenance checks on your furnace– Routine inspections for furnaces in Addison ensure the furnace is working efficiently. They also check to see if any repairs are needed.
- Finding the right furnace for your home– This is true. Bad furnace choices for your home in Addison can actually lead to your unit running more, harder, and break down more frequently. It happens all the time. If you are constantly repairing your furnace or your bills are way outlandish, just call us for an inspection and we will let you know if you have the right system for you home.
- Make sure your air ducts are sealed correctly– Check to see if your air ducts were sealed properly when installed. There are a lot of older homes in Addison, do you know when the last time your ductwork was inspect?
- Changing your thermostat when you leave your home– When you leave your home in the winter, lower your thermostat no more than 5 degrees. If you turn it down too low the furnace has to work harder to warm your home when you get back. Running less time to even the house is better than running 2 hours to get back to normal.
- Eliminate all drafts in your home– Eliminating the drafts in your home by sealing the windows will stop cold air from entering. You can pick up window sealing plastic at any local hardware store in Addison and using that will cut down on drafts and money instantly.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat– With a programmable thermostat you can lower your heat while you are not at home. You can also use your thermostat to manage the house so that you are saving the most on your bills
Heating Repair Addison
If you have a need for a heating repair service, Indoor Comfort is here for you. We believe in working with homeowners explaining and going through everything we are doing so that you know what is going and how your system works. This will let you make the best decisions for your home and ensure that you are getting the most out of your heating system. We also believe in letting the residents of Addison know all about their entire HVAC system. We have worked in Addison for so long that we are the local HVAC experts. Learn more about your air conditioning system, humidifiers, generators and more for your home be checking out the articles below.