Boiler Repair Service Bensenville
There are a couple different advantages to having a boiler system in your home this winter. Living in Bensenville we know that during the winter, the weather can change on a dime. One day we could be looking at Sixty degree weather, the next: below zero. However, what is cool about a boiler system is that you are actually getting a two in one system. Boilers work on the principle that by heating the pipes in the walls and subfloors that this will also heat the room that you are in as well. This means you are taking care of water heater and furnace in one system. This process is known as radiant heating. Heating your home this way can have a few unique advantages, first you don’t have to worry about duct leaks. You also are able to heat the room more evenly than with air flow. However, the downside is that when your boiler goes out, then you can actually more susceptible to frozen pipes and breaking pipe damage in your home. When your boiler goes out in Bensenville it is a good idea to have a local boiler repair service in mind that can come out and repair your boiler or replace your boiler as quickly as possible.
Signs your boiler needs repair
Because the winters in Bensenville can be so cold, there is not telling how long you have from when your boiler goes out to worrying about frozen pipes. That is why spotting the problems with boilers before they go out can help you better in the long in, Here are some warning signs that your boiler is about to go out:
- The flame is not blue- If the flame is not blue, you need to call professionals right away and get your boiler repaired.
- Boiler pressure is not staying consistent- If the boiler pressure is dropping or rising you should call and get it inspected. This means your boiler is not working correctly.
- Boiler is using more gas than it needs to- If your boiler is using more gas than usual, you should get it checked out. Using more gas can also affect your heating bill.
- Loud noises- Loud banging sounds mean there is a problem and it needs to be checked out right away.
If you are experiencing any of these problems call Indoor Comfort in Bensenville right now and we can help: 888-551-2665
How to make your boiler last longer
There are certain precautionary measures that you can take to try and make your boiler long as possible:
- Don’t ignore problems- Taking care of your boiler and getting it repaired will make your boiler last longer. If you let small problems go you may end up having to replace the entire unit.
- Choosing a boiler- Choosing the right boiler for your home is important. Your boiler should match the heat distribution in your home for the best overall comfort. The professionals at Indoor Comfort can assist you in choosing a boiler that works for your home in Aurora.
- Regular maintenance- Regular maintenance on your boiler will make it last longer. Maintenance inspections will catch small problems that you can get repaired – saving you money.
What you may not know about boilers
- Reducing your thermostat- Reducing your thermostat by just one percent can reduce your heating bills by as much as 10 percent.
- Blue flame- You want your boiler flame to be a clear blue. If the flame is a yellow or orange color, the fuel could be burning incorrectly.
- Correct pressure- The boiler pressure gauge should be at the correct pressure. If the pressure is too low, it could cause high heating bills.
- Upgrading your boiler could save you money!
Boiler safety in Bensenville
Keep these precautions when handling your boiler.
- Keep things that are flammable a couple feet away.
- Keep your children away from the boiler system
- Have your boiler inspected regularly to ensure it is working efficiently
- Inspect your carbon monoxide detectors once a month and replace the batteries regularly.
- Pay attention to any unfamiliar sounds or odors coming from your boiler
Boiler Service Bensenville
Is your boiler not working as well as it used to? Call the highly trained technicians at Indoor Comfort. We offer boiler repair, services, and installation. Our technicians are on call 24/7 for Emergency Service. They will arrive to your home in a truck with full range tools, comprehensive inventory of genuine manufacturer’s replacement parts. We try and accommodate your busy schedule as best we can. Call us today with any questions or to schedule a service call at: 888-551-2665. Call for more information on our rewarding maintenance program tailored to your needs. Let our technicians ensure the safe, reliable, quiet, and uninterrupted operation of your gas/oil furnace, heat pump, geothermal unit, ductless system, boiler, or packaged hybrid heating system.